Thursday, February 9, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

Yes, it's Valentine's. And I have been so un-organised!! I haven't been able to get motivated and to ne honest, when I went looking for little hearts and items like this for our Practical Life exercises, I simply couldn't find anything!! What a shame.. If I had given myself enought time, I probably would have found enough gadgets.... Never mind!! I'll make it up for Patrick's Day!!!
However, the children have been working on a little Valentine offering for their mam or Dad (or both).. I basically reproduced the activity we did last year (you can see right here).

Instead of using chick peas, I decided to use some wooden coloured beads. The children couldn't use them for lacing activites as they were badly shaped. So they were there, in the cupboard and I thought it would be a nice way to recycle them.
 






Now, the plan is for us to paint them in red. I couldn't make up my mind so I let the children decide. So here are the 2 final versions of the craft.



 
If you don't have any wooden beads or chick peas, why not using coffee beans? We ran out of beads and my assistant Rachel came up with this rescue solution!! Not bad, hey? (sorry I don't have a photo of the painted version!)





1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! Unorganized, unschmorganized. You are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment right here. Thank you :)