Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day preparations

When we started talking about Valentine, I explained to the children that Valentine is about love. And we went over the many different kinds of love there are: family love, love for friend, love for pets etc... It was so sweet when a little boy exclaimed proudly that his girlfriend was his little sister!! A little girl also said shyly that her daddy was her boyfriend! I sang our little valentine tune:
“you are my sunshine, my only Sunshine, You make me happy when skies are grey, You’ll never know dear, How much I love you, Please don’t take my sunshine away”.
 For arts & crafts, we made the following using check peas and cereals cardboard boxes :
Get some chickpeas




The children glue the chick peas onto a red painted heart template. Once dried, they paint over.







Et voila! So easy, so natural, and so effective! I am really pleased with the results. And the kids REALLY enjoyed it.