Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Blue skies ahead, yes I'm on my way"!

Today was our last day at preschool. It was a bit emotinal at time as we said good bye to someof the children. Some of them I will see on a regular basis as they are attending the same primary school as my son. This was also my son's last day at his preschool. Oh boy was it hard for me!!! And this song kept playing on our CD in the car.. So appropriate.

Tell everybody im on my way
new friends and new places to see
with blue skies ahead yes im on my way
and theres no where else that I'd rather be

Tell everybody I'm on my way
and I'm loving every step that I take
with the sun beating down yes I'm on my way
and I cant keep this smile off my face
cause theres nothing like seeing each other again
no matter what the distance between
and the stories that we tell will make you smile
oh it really lifts my heart

So tell them all that I'm on my way
new friends and new places to see
and to sleep under the stars who could ask for more
with the moon keeping watch over me
not the snow not the rain can change my mind
the sun will come out wait and see
and the feeling of the wind in your face can change your heart
no theres no where I would rather be...
(Brother Bear- Walt Disney- Phil Collins)

Anyway, moving on...This summer, we have decided to stay at home. This will be the first time in 12 years. Kids have grown up, they have their friends around and a few activities they want to do. We may be dash to the west for a few days to escape summer routine. Anyhow, this is going to give me the chance to do something I have been wanting to do for a while now: a review of each area in my classroom: as I have started my new course, I want to make sure each one of them is an exact reflection of the Montessori theory and serves its purpose truthfully. And just in case it is useful to anyone, I will keep posting pictures of my work progress. Be patient with me; it is going to be a very long process. I will start with the practical life exercises area, then the sensorial area, etc…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment right here. Thank you :)